A perfect and quick side dish for pulkaas, roti, jeera rice etc....
All you need :
Moong dal - 1 cup
Onions - 1 medium, finely chopped
Tomato - 2 tomatoes , finely chopped
Green chillies - 2 finely chopped
Garlic - 2 pods, finely chopped
Coriander - 1/4 th cup, finely chopped
Oil - 2 table spoons
Turmeric - 1/4 tspn
Red chilli powder - 1 tea spoon
Garam masala - 1/2 table spoon
Mustard seeds - 1/2 table spoon
Cumin seeds - 1/2 table spoon
Asafoetida - 1/4th spoon
Dry red chillies - 2 , broken into halves
Curry leaves - 10 leaves
Salt - to taste
1. Pressure cook moong dal with turmeric, for about 2 whistles.
2. Heat a non-stick with 2 table spoons of oil.
3. Add mustard, cumin seeds let them sputter and add asafoetida.
4. Add curry leaves let them crackle, add onions, fry them for two minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and cook until they are mushy.... Now add all the powders, fry for about two minutes.
6. Now add the cooked dal and mix, check all the seasonings.... Garnish with coriander and serve hot with roti !